1. The Scriptures were recorded by men, inspired by God, and are God’s revelation of Himself to man.
2. There is one and only one living and true God. He reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal characteristics but without division of His nature, essence, or being.
3. Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image: male and female. Every person of every race is worthy of respect and Christian love.
4. All people fall short of God’s Laws; not one is “good enough” for heaven. The actions of people have caused a break in our relationship to God that we cannot bridge or repair by our own efforts.
5. Only God is able to bridge the gap. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). God chose to suffer the penalty himself for our misdeeds.
6. Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior; the believer’s death to sin; the burial of the old life; and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus.
As part of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), BCH has adopted the Baptist Faith and Message. Review our detailed beliefs on the SBC website.